Pura Mente Jewelry was founded to raise dementia awareness.
The Pura Mente brand of jewelry is here. We are ready to bring all our bracelets to reality.
Both our leather and sliver bracelets are available for purchase. You can use the “Shop” page, or contact us for personalized servicing of your order.
We look forward to evolving our jewelry designs and sharing them with the world.
We thank you for your patronage!
- Dementia is a syndrome, usually of a chronic or progressive nature, caused by a variety of brain illnesses that affect memory, thinking, behavior and ability to perform everyday activities.
- The total number of people with dementia worldwide in 2011 was estimated at 35.6 million. , 58% live in low- and middle-income countries, and this proportion is projected to rise to 71% by 2050.
- The total number of new cases of dementia each year worldwide is nearly 7.7 million, implying one new case every four seconds. The number of people with dementia is expected to nearly double every 20 years, to 65.7 million in 2030 and 115.4 million in 2050.
- The high cost of the disease will challenge health systems to deal with the predicted future increase of cases. The costs are estimated at US$ 604 billion per year at present and are set to increase even more quickly than the prevalence.
- More research is needed to develop new and more effective treatments and to better understand the causes of dementia. Research that identifies the modifiable risk factors of dementia is still scarce.
Source: WHO (World Health Organization)